Accessing the computer configuration Windows 10 settings are easy to customize if you do it the right way. You can continue reading this informative piece of article to access these settings in a simple way. But before that, we shall learn what ms config is.
Msnconfig is a command that is used widely by the people who are using Windows. Using this command, they can easily make the required changes in the settings. These configurations can be related to Windows boot or what programs you would like to set in the startup menu. By making the desired configuration in the startup programs, Windows users can easily make improvements in the startup time.
But, using only ms configure settings will not allow you to manage the startup programs. This is because, you need to complete the process by navigating to the Task Manager. But still, ms Config is one of the most important features or utility for the selection of boot order, and so on. (office.com/setup)
Methods to access ms computer configuration windows 10
- Using the Run command
- With the help of command prompt
- Going to Safe Mode
Method 1 – Using the Run command
You can easily access ms config settings with the help of ‘Run’ command for this the steps are given below:
- Begin by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- This will open the ‘Run’ window.
- In the box that you see, type ‘msconfig’ and hit the Enter key.
- This will open the ms config window.
Other than this, you can also open the Run window from the shortcut menu. This menu is present in the bottom left corner.
- From your Windows 10, right-click on the Start button.
- Now the option menu will open on your screen.
- Additionally, open the ‘Search’ menu.
- In the search bar, type ‘ms config’.
- The desired command will open.
Method 2- Open system config with Command Prompt
To configure PC settings, you can open the config says settings by using the Command prompt. For this, yiu just need to open the command prompt by following some easy steps, enter the command in it, and you are done. Here are the step wise instructions.
- In the search bar of your device, type cmd and hit the Enter key.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Run it as an admin.
- Now enter the ‘Start ms-config’ command and press Enter.
But, make a note of the thing that using just this command won’t help you in any way. You need to complete the process further to make the desired changes.
Method 3- Go to the Safe Mode
- Using one of the above given methods, open ms config.
- Now, navigate to the boot tab.
- Next, you need to check safe boot.
- Choose one of the desired options from list.
- Lastly, restart your computer.
To get back to normal, using the same process go to safe boot and unchecked it. Using the same settings you can also configure driver-cloud. If you are having trouble while accessing the settings of computer configuration Windows 10, then you may navigate to the official website office.com/setup of Microsoft and get help from there.