Outlook Account is an online account designed by Microsoft for its users to communicate over email as well as it can use as a manager for storing personal information of them. This manger comes as an in-built part for the users within the Office Setup being purchased by them. Although its main function is email sending or receiving, some other features like calendar, journal, task manager, contact manager, and many more are also included in it.
Most of the corporation companies utilize the Outlook Account for sending or receiving their confidential data to other users. Now, the concern that mostly hinders the user’s mind is ‘how to check whether they are receiving the mail are getting into the block list of the mail’. Thus, to make as ease to the Office Setup users, this article consists of the procedure to make the mail received into the blocked list as important and unblock such email senders.
Steps to check the Outlook account’ block list:
Mostly this blocked list is specified as ‘junk’ or ‘spam’ into the mail section. To get these emails out of this spam or junk to an inbox, follow the steps detailed below:
- First of all, sign in to the Outlook account. To do so, access the official website of it i.e. office.com/setup, followed by clicking the ‘Sign in’ button displayed at the upper rightmost corner of the home page.
- Now, enter the required credentials to the respective field like email address and password.
- After this, click the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Now, locate the area where you receive all the emails i.e. inbox.
- Here, just click the ‘view more’ icon i.e. a small flipped triangle, thus, more options will appear there.
- Here, an option is available i.e. ‘junk’ or ‘spam’. This consists of the entire mails received by the blocked senders or accidentally became junk.
- Now, from this section select the mail that is important, followed by clicking the ‘Not a spam’ option. Thus, all the mail will be diverted to the mailbox.
Steps to unblock the senders:
- First of all, log in to the Outlook account using the method detailed in the above section.
- Now, move to the “Settings” area, followed by clicking the ‘Mail’ option displayed at the bottom.
- After this, follow the path as displayed below:
Mail >> Accounts >> Block or Allow
- Here, just underneath the ‘Blocked Senders’, mark the entire email addresses the users want to ‘unblock’, followed by clicking the bin icon.
Hope, this article is successful in resolving the concern of the Office Setup users’ utilizing the Outlook account regarding ‘I am not receiving emails, how do I check if they are on a blocked list in Outlook 365’.
Suggested link: office.com/setup.