We all know that the Office applications have brought a transformation in the way we work and accomplish our tasks. However, like other software, Microsoft Office can encounter certain errors that are very common. One of the frequent errors that are faced is Office Word stopped working. When Office Word application suddenly stops working but you do not need to worry.
In this article, you will get to see some fixes on this page in order to resolve the error along with the steps for the Recover process to bring back the lost Word files without any interruptions. Here are the different methods by which you can fix the error and also retrieve the Office account. So, without any delay let’s get started!!
Method 1- Repair Office versions
- In order to perform a recover process of Office, you just need to go to the “Start”> “Control Panel” window and then tap on the “Programs and Features” option.
- After this, you just have to click on the “Microsoft Office” option that is followed by the click on the “Change” button.
- Tap on the “Repair” button and then tap on the “Continue” option.
- Wait for the “Recover process” to complete.
Method 2- Disable all the Add-ins completely
- Tap on the “Start” button and then run if you are installing on Windows 7.
- Enter the “winword.exe /a” command and proceed.
- In Windows 10, just press Windows Key+ R and then click on the Office button followed by a click on “Word Options”.
- Click on the “File” option followed by “Options” on the newer version of Office.
- Tap on the “Add-Ins” and then try to load the “MS Word” again.
Method 3- Install the latest Office updates
You can try to download and install the latest updates for your Office versions. There can be a technical glitch that is fixed when you install the latest patches and fixes. In Windows 7, you can go to “Automatic Updates” from the Control Panel and then search for the latest updates. You can also visit the official website and download the latest updates from there.
Method 4- Remover or delete the Old printer drivers
Having an Old printer driver can be a major cause of the issue, removing the same can solve the issue. So, if you are running Windows 10 then you might need to download the latest version of the Office software that is compatible with the device and the Operating system. You can also delete the individual drivers by visiting the particular registry. Remember, simply going to the Printers and faxes and then deleting the printer will not help you to delete the printer.
Method 5- Completely uninstall and reinstall Office applications
You can also try to perform a full uninstall and then again reinstall the Office apps and then you can check whether the problem is fixed or not. You can also visit the official website for the same. Once you run the process, just go ahead and restart the computer and then reinstall the version of the Office.
We hope that the methods to fix the Office word stops working error have helped you to fix the issue completely. If you still have any confusion that correlated with the methods discussed in the passage then you can get in touch with the Office Customer Support team. The Technical support team is available 24*7 to assist you with helpful solutions. For more information, you can visit office.com/setup.