Microsoft is the brand name that comes in the users’ minds when they think about any Operating System or any other software for making documents, presentation or other such work. Some of its popular Operating System includes Windows 10, Windows XP, and many more. As we all are aware of the fact that the company launches its updated software or system time to time having more advanced features and security to improvise their products. Thus, for fulfilling this purchase the company as provided an in-built feature of Windows Update.
Once any update is available by the company for Windows 10, a pop up is projected over the screen through this in-built feature of Windows Update. Mostly the updated version has upgraded security feature that makes the users’ device more secure against the online threats. Sometimes the users face some particular error codes while updating the Windows 10 Operating System. These error codes make it quite easy to analyze the causes behind these issues and adopt the particular resolving methods for removing these.
One such error code is Windows Update Error Code 0x80073712. Mainly this error code is occurred due to incomplete installation of the software. Once this error has occurred on the screen, a pop-up box having the message is displayed as shown below:
“Some update files are missing or have problems. We try to download the update again later.
Error Code: (0x80073712)”
Thus, the methods for fixing the Windows 10 Update error code 0x80073712 have been detailed in the article given below.
Steps to fix the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80073712: (office.com/setup)
By following the methods detailed below, the users of Windows 10 can easily fix the Windows update error code 0x80073712. The methods are as follows:
- Execute the Windows Update Troubleshooter: Using this service, the users could easily execute a simple diagnosis process for removing the problems being prevailing onto the device and even encounter them. To do so, follow the underneath:
- Launch the settings sections of the Windows 10 device, followed by selecting the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- After this, click the ‘Windows Update’ in order to execute the troubleshooter.
- Thus, the process will get start and then, follow the instructions being displayed over the screen.
- On completion of the process, restart the device and try to update the Windows 19.
- Execute the System File Checker: SFC is a scanner that simply detect the entire corruption of the updated setup of the Windows 10 Update and restore them too. To execute this, follow the underneath:
- First and foremost, launch the start menu, followed by manual search for CMD i.e. command prompt.
- Execute this as an Administrator.
- Now, to the screen type the commands as shown below, followed by pressing the enter button:
- Thus, the scanner will start its scanning process.
- Once the scanning gets completed, restart the device and try to update the system.
- Run Deployment Image Servicing tool:
- For this, execute the CMD as administrator, followed by typing the command as shown below:
“DSIM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”
- Now, press the enter key to execute this command.
- Thus, the process will be initiated. On completion of the process, try to update the Windows 10 device.
- Remove the pending XML files
- Restart the Windows Update Service to reset its components:
- First of all, press two keys altogether i.e. Windows key and ‘R’ letter.
- And the, run dialogue box will appear on the screen. Here, type, services.msc and then, press enter button.
- On the next, go for a search for ‘Windows Update Services. Now, go for status check of it.
- If the status is not indicated then, then do right click on it, followed by selecting ‘Start’ option for forcefully starting the Windows Update.
- If error is projected then, do locate its ‘Startup’ type option, followed by setting this to ‘Automatic’
- Thus, restart the device and try to update Windows.
- Rename the folder of the Software distribution
- Fix the entire software related registry files
Hope, this article is quite helpful in resolving the users’ concern of resolving the Windows 10 update error code 0x80073712. These methods detailed here are quite easy and simple to follow. If any of the methods create some issues then, the users are requested to get in touch with the company technicians through its official website:- office.com/setup to get some more workable methods.