We all know that Microsoft has made every possible effort to make the Windows 10 license convenient for its users. However, there might be errors such as activation not working as a set plan. So for this, whether you wish to perform a new installation or you wish to transfer the Windows 10 product key on a new computer, the product key is important in both the cases. In this article, we will talk about the ways you can retrieve your Windows 10 product key. So, without any further delay let us take the topic to further discussions.
How to find product key Windows 10?
In order to get the windows 10 product key you need to follow the instructions given below:
- Tap on the “Windows key+ X” keys.
- After this, tap on the “Command” option as “Admin”.
- On the command tab, you have to enter the command “ wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey”.
- Now, you will see the product key in the “Volume License Product Key Activation” tab.
How to activate windows 10?
Remember, you always need a valid product key to activate Windows 10 on your device with no previous or exiting copy of the same. Moreover, you need to use a valid product activation key if you are installing the Windows 1O operating system that was not activated on the device. For Windows 10 pro you need the Windows 10 pro product key that will be automatically activated online.
Remember, during the installation, you will be prompted to enter the valid product key.
- Once the installation gets complete then Windows 10 will be automatically activated online.
- To check activation status in Windows 10 operating system, you just have to tap on the “Start”.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Update & Security” tab.
- In the end, you have to tap on the “Activation” button.
How to transfer Windows 10 or Windows 10 pro product key to a new device?
If you wish to transfer the windows 10 key product key then you can follow office.com/setup the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the “Settings” option and tap on the “Update & Security” tab.
- After this tap on the “Activation” button and go to the “Troubleshooter” option.
- Now, sign in to Microsoft Account that you have used to purchase the Windows 10 product key.
- Go to the “Troubleshooter” option and tap on it. Remember, once the troubleshooting process gets completed, Windows 10 will show you the license product key.
- Tap on the “Activate Windows” button and then follow the on-screen wizard instructions.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has helped you to retrieve your Windows 10 product key and access the same. However, if you still face issues with the steps or you are stuck in between the process to get and activate the product key then we strongly recommend you visit the official Microsoft website and get the customer support.
Read Also: How to install office 365 personal with product key?