If you are one of the users who have access to PC, Xbox or other Microsoft operating devices, then chatting with Cortana is easy to fix up while your hands are occupied. However, with the voice assistants, you need to be aware of corporate snooping. With the recent activities, the sources have confirmed that the developers at Microsoft listen to the Voice records of Cortana. And Cortana does it sometimes from personal and sometimes from the computers with little or no security.
According to the Microsoft team, Cortana recordings are now known to be the “Secure facilities”. However, the transcription program is still in place that means someone, somewhere is there to listen to everything that you say or command to your voice assistants. You do not need to worry if this thing scares you, you can only delete your recordings. And this article will show you the way out for the same. If you have any other queries to be asked apart from this topic then we recommend you to visit the office.com/setup.
Elaborated steps to delete your voice records on Cortana
- In the first step, you need to open Windows PC and sign in to the same MS account that you use for Cortana.
- After this, type “Settings” in the search bar. You will see the settings app on-screen.
- Click on the “Start” button and click on the “Settings” icon.
- After this click on the “Accounts” from the bottom-left corner.
- Now, tap on the “Manage my Microsoft account link” that is present under the username.
- Go to Microsoft’s webpage and click on the “Privacy” option.
- You will be asked to re-enter your Microsoft password. You may also be required to verify your identity with the 2-step authentication process.
- Go back to the “Privacy” section and click on the “My Activity” option in the menu bar.
- You have to open the menu with the title “Filter by data type” on-screen. Just click on the “Voice” option that is the second option.
- You will see a list on the screen of Cortana recordings with Microsoft account, you just need to click on the play button to catch each recording separately.
- If you wish to delete all of your voice recordings then you have to select “Clear activity” from the list. For deleting individual recordings, you just have to click on the “Clear” link at the bottom of each item.
Note: By doing this, you will not get rid of the Cortana from sending the voice recording to your Microsoft account. For this, you just need to disable the online speech recognition.
What are the essentials to pause Cortana from recording your voice?
For doing this, you need to follow the instructions provided in this section.
- Firstly, you need to go back to the “Settings” option.
- You have to click on the “Permissions” option from the main menu.
- “Manage the information Cortana can access from this device” is the next option to select.
- Now, drop-down and select the “Speech Privacy Settings”.
- You just need to toggle the online speech recognition to “Off”.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Doing this, the Cortana will only have access to device-based speech recognition that is less accurate than its recognition engine which is cloud-based, and this has limited functionality. However, Microsoft will not collect any of the further voice recordings. If you still have any confusion related to the topic discussed, then it is recommended to visit the official website of MS Office. You can reach the website via office.com/setup.
Smith Loo has been a writer in the technical field for quite long. His articles basically focus on helping users with various problems that they are facing while using different technologies. You may come across his writings on several web sites and hopefully, you will find them informative. You will find the latest information in his articles. Visit@:- office.com/setup.