The latest edition in the series of Microsoft tablets is the all-new Surface Pro 7 which has now entered the world of 2-in-1 laptop/tablet. Many users are pondering over this new device as it has taken the usage of the devices to the new level. The device is known for its detachable keyboard and comes with a digital pen.
The recent buyers who have got their hands on this device lately are now eager to know that how they can take screenshots on their newly purchased Surface Pro 7. Taking screenshots on mobile devices is easier as compared to laptops. But those who do not know how to take screenshots on it, for them it could be a difficult task.
Therefore, in this article, I have listed down different methods to take screenshots on their Surface Pro.
Different ways to take a screenshot
Method 1- using the side buttons
- First of all, you need to press and hold the ‘Power’ button on your device.
- When you are holding this button, at the same time you need to press and release the Volume Up key.
- You may find this button at the side of the laptop.
- As soon as the screenshot is taken, the screen will become dim and then bright once again.
- You may find this screenshot in the Screenshots folder available under the ‘Pictures’ library.
Method 2- using the Surface Pro keyboard
- To capture the entire screen, press the ‘PrtScn’ key.
- For capturing only the active screen, press the Alt + PrtSn key.
- After taking the desired screenshot, paste it in the Paint or Word program.
Method 3- using the S pen
- In the beginning, you need to double-click on the eraser button present at the top of the S pen.
- After that, click on the “Save as” option present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Further, you can edit, crop, as well as save the image at the desired location of your surface.
Method 4- Use the built-in snipping tool
It is a built-in program in surface pro 7 which helps for taking the screenshot. If the above method fails, then this tool is definitely going to help you in taking the screenshot of your choice. Follow the instructions given below to use it:
- Locate the “snipping tool” using the search bar.
- After finding the snipping tool, you need to open it.
- Then take the screenshot of the desired window.
- This tool allows you to take the screenshot in four different ways.
For learning to use the snipping tool, you may navigate to the office.com/setup page and learn more about it. Hopefully, the methods given above have helped you to take the screenshot on your surface pro 7.