Microsoft Office which is a standalone productivity suite, offers its users a number of applications that includes features that are a must for your organization to run. In this aspect, Microsoft 365 and Office 2019 have the similar set of applications that perform similar task but with a slight difference. The earlier one is a cloud-based subscription while the latter one is not. Also, there are additional services available with Microsoft 365.
Hence, if you wish to buy and use any of the Office suites and do not know which product to opt for or it is worth investing or not, then you may go for the trial version. The download of the Microsoft 365 free trial can be easily done by navigating to office.com/setup. The free trial is available to be used for one month and then you can decide if you wish to continue using it or not.
What benefits do you get with the free trial?
When you subscribe to the free trial of Microsoft 365, you get the following:
- You get your hands on the basic applications of Office suite, including Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word.
- You can install these apps on up to five computers at once including PCs or Macs.
- There are free apps available for downloading and using on your Windows or Android phones.
- These can be installed on iPhone and iPad as well.
How do I install the Microsoft 365 free trial?
All you require is a Microsoft account to sign up for the free trial of Microsoft 365 and this account can be created at office.com/setup page.
- Once you are done with creating your account, you need to navigate to ‘Free Trial Download’ page.
- After this, click on the ‘Try 1-month free’ and the sign up page will open.
- If you are using your account for the first time, you shall be asked to enter some details.
Remember– the trial version can only be used once and if you wish to continue using it, then Microsoft will warn you that this offer is not available for you.
- Now, complete some prompts for setup wizard until you reach the payment page.
- You need to enter the payment details even if the trial version is free. You shall be charged once the trial period is over.
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ option when you see it on your screen.
- Further, you need to click on the ‘Install’ button along with directions to download Office.
- In some options, selecting ‘Default’ is the best option for you.
- After making your selections, select ‘Install’ to download the free trial.
- When the downloading process completes, follow some more prompts to complete the installation of Microsoft 365.
A few essential details on the Free Trial
When you download the free trial via office.com/setup or any other platform, the free subscription lasts for only one month. Once the trial period is over, you have to pay for it if you do not cancel your free trial. However, you won’t be charged anything if you cancel the subscription within one month. But, you are subject to get charged because you are asked for the credit card details while opting for the trial version. You can use the trial suite until the last day of one month without having to pay for anything.
How to cancel your Office free trial?
In case you do not wish to use the Microsoft Office product any longer, you can cancel its trial version anytime you want. You can check the date of trial period expiration at the ‘Payment and billing’ page of your Microsoft account. You can set a reminder for the expiration date so that you won’t be charged. To avoid any further charges and cancel your trial follow the steps given below:
- First of all, login to your Microsoft account.
- After this, navigate to the ‘Payment and billing’ page.
- Further, click on the ‘Cancel’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Confirm cancellation’ option.
- Follow some easy instructions to complete the cancellation process.
For further information, you can navigate to the commonly asked questions section on the Microsoft support page.