Microsoft Word is one such application that has been very popular among masses for it offers a wide range of document editing features to its users. With this single application on your device, you can do much more than just edit, compose, or save the documents. Generally, the app is known to be used on a Mac or PC and users think that they cannot use it on their Android, iPhone, or iPad. However, this is not right for Microsoft Word as you can use it on all the previously mentioned operating systems.
Yes, you read that right. You can access this exceptional application on your iPad as well and the procedures to do the same are listed below. Some users always have a question in their minds if the Word application is similar to the desktop version. Well, it is and you may find all those features in the app that are a part of the PC version.
All you need to do is download it and start creating your documents. Next up, we shall learn some more details about downloading the Word application on your iPad.
An outline of the Word downloading process
- Launch your iPad and open the App Store on it.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Search” option available at the bottom-right.
- In the resulting search bar, type “Microsoft Word”.
- Now, you will see all the search results on your screen.
- Locate “Microsoft Word for iPad” and then tap “Get”.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your login credentials.
- For this, enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Further, Microsoft Word will start downloading automatically.
- In case you wish to stop the download, then click on the “Download” icon again.
- Once the app gets downloaded, you will see the app logo on the home screen of iPad.
As soon as the application gets available on your device, you need to set it up. For this, follow the instructions given in the next section. Mostly, Microsoft application are set up via office.com/setup
How to set up the Microsoft Word app on your iPad
- As soon as the Word application finishes downloading on your iPad, tap on it to open the app.
- When the application finishes downloading, you will see some pop-ups on our screen.
- When the pop-up reading as “Use Word on the Go” appears, you need to sign-up.
- This sign-up is completely free and you can also sign in to an existing account.
- Tap “Not Now” to skip this step.
- Now, you will see another pop-up saying “Do you want to send optional data about Office to Microsoft?”
- You have different options for this pop-up such as “learn more, accept, or decline”.
- Tap “OK” and then adjust your privacy settings accordingly.
- On the “Don’t Miss Anything” screen, you can choose the desired option.
- You may either turn on this feature or tap on the “Not Now” option.
- In the end, you will see the final pop-up which says that you are all set to use the app.
- To continue, you just need to tap on the “View” button.
Most new users already know the way to using Microsoft “Office.com/setup” applications. In case you are someone who does not know how to use Microsoft Word, then you can go through one of the several tutorials available on the Internet to learn more about using Microsoft Word.