Scheduling of a meeting was never so easy before Zoom Microsoft Outlook plugin came into existence. It not only makes the arrangement of a meeting convenient but also saves a lot of time. The whole orocess can be completed on your fingertips without having to put much effort. Not just that, you can also you can also choose exiting meeting and given them a shape of events. All you need to do is complete some steps for the on the first go and then you are all set to explore through the wide range of functions.
Along with that, you also are eligible to use this feature on your Windows as well as Mac device. Before moving forward, we will check out some pre-requisites for the one-time set up and then you are good to go. All you need to do is make sure you are running on the latest versions of the Operating System and then follow the steps mentioned in the article to continue further. (office.com/setup)
Quick tip- if you wish to use this feature on your mac device, then you need to update your mac operating system with the help of Office 365 add-in.
Prerequisites to use Zoom Microsoft Outlook plugin
- You should have an Outlook 2010 or higher version or Outlook 365.
- For mac, it is necessary to have Outlook 2011.
- Mac operating system should be 10.14 Mojave or above*
- A Zoom client should be installed on it.
- Navigate to the official website of Zoom and download the Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin.
Now, download the plugin
For doing so:
- Navigate to the official website of Zoom.
- After this, go to the ‘Download Center’.
- From here, download the plugin.
- Once the download is complete, run the MSI file.
- Follow the prompts on installation wizard.
- Restart Outlook to start using the plugin.
Make sure the Outlook version you are running has the option to schedule a meeting or get started with the Instant Meeting feature.
Steps for scheduling a meeting
- Launch Outlook on your device.
- Click on the ‘schedule a meeting button’ present at the top.
- On the settings page, select the desired settings for your meeting.
- Select ‘On’ in the Host to start the host video automatically.
- Select ‘On’ for the participants to start the video automatically whenever they join the meeting.
- In audio options, you may choose to allow or deny users to join via call or computer audio call only.
- In case you wish to set up a password, you may set it up here.
- If you enable join before host option, then the participants will be able to join the meeting before you.
- “Mute participants upon entry” option lets the mutes all participants as soon as they join the meeting.
- You may also choose if you want your personal ID to be visible or not during the meeting.
- Here, there are options to record the meeting as well.
- You may also add the meeting details in the invite for meeting.
- Choose from different languages for initiating the meeting.
- If you want someone else to host the meeting, you may do the same by choosing an alternative host.
- Once you are done, click on the ‘Save and do not show again’ option.
- In the end, just hit the ‘Continue’ button.
Now, on the chosen date and time, the meeting will begin automatically. However, if you want to make any changes to it you may do so anytime by navigating to the same menu once again. Here, you can make the necessary changes and save them. Visit@:- www.office.com/setup.